Thursday, December 16, 2010

One of a Kind Gifts

"It's one of a kind."   


Isn't that a powerful statement?   A stranger approaches you at a party and asks where they can buy that cool dress you're wearing and you get to say, "actually, it's one of a kind."  


I always enjoy finding a truly unique gift to give a good friend- something that conveys how special they are to me. And when I receive a thoughtful gift that I know wasn't arbitrarily selected from a bin at Target I know that I will hang on to it forever.  


Two of my good friends specialize in creating one-of-a-kind items that make amazing presents.  Since it's the holiday season, and the malls are in full swing, I thought I would give you an alternative to fighting the crowds.  


My friend Kellie has a clothing line called Material.  All of the pieces are one-of-a-kind, and every time I wear one of her creations I receive compliments.  She also specializes in Game Day Dresses which are ideal for any female college football fan/girl who doesn't care about the sport but wants to look cute during the game. 


My friend Brittany has a custom embroidery store on Etsy.  She recently did this for someone.  I think something like that would make an awesome gift for parents or grandparents.  


Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment