Monday, December 13, 2010

Laughing All The Way To The Bank

Do you ever find yourself wondering, "who are these alleged Ke$ha fans?" 




Every once in awhile (for reasons that I don't wanna go into) I am forced to listen to my local "hit music station" which has Ke$ha on heavy rotation.

Mom, I know you don't know who Ke$ha is, and I really love that about you, but for the sake of this post I will give you a quick introduction- she's a twenty three year old pop star who sings about 'partying.'  

Her songs and her persona are completely ridiculous, but for some reason she appeals to a fairly large group of people.  According to NPR she describes her latest album as a celebration of "boys, boots, beer, boobs."  I know what you might be thinking (what an idiot!), but do not be fooled.  

Even though this Ke$ha is somewhat ridiculed for putting out obnoxious songs that regrettably only appeal to impressionable teenagers- I think she totally understands the game and is well aware of what she's doing.  

She was raised in the music business (much like that other teen sensation who enjoys partying in the USA) and has "near perfect SAT scores."  (This also according to NPR.)

I'm not sure if being "in on the joke" makes a terrible joke more humorous, but either way I think Ke$ha is laughing all the way to the bank.  

No comments:

Post a Comment