Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Cry Baby

A few weeks ago I visited a very close friend of mine who lives in Houston. She had a baby in November so I was very excited to get to spend some time getting to know her son. It's so cool to watch someone you've known since the age of nine parent their child. My friend is such a good mother- attentive but at the same time very laid back. I could tell right away that she has an immeasurable amount of love for her son. My childhood bud has totally mastered being a mom, and I suddenly felt very grown simply by witnessing that. 


But I guess we still bring out one another's mischievous side, because at some point during my visit my friend turned to me and said, "Do you want to see the saddest, cutest thing in the world?" Of course I said yes, and she said, "Okay, I would only do this for you."  


So we sat the baby in front of us, and my friend proceeded to make this really irritating sound and the baby made the most adorable, heartbreaking face I've ever seen which was followed by the cutest crying I've ever heard. And then he would self-sooth which was equally adorable, and then I would say "do it again." 


She decided to video tape it so she wouldn't traumatize him by repeating this again and again which anyone would be tempted to do because it is just so funny. I hope you enjoy it! And don't feel sorry for him- he has a really relaxing white noise machine in his plush little nursery and has never had a single drop of tap water. He's fine. 


No comments:

Post a Comment