Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I'm Thankful For: Thomas Newman


Pretty soon we will all be listening to Christmas music.  
This is fun.  For about three days.

I don't know about you, but Christmas music kinda stresses me out.  "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" mentally transports me to my local mall, which I loathe.
So when Christmas rolls around what can be found on the stereo at my house?

Movie scores composed by Thomas Newman.

Tell me the following isn't perfect music to listen to while you decorate your Christmas tree or wrap presents: 


An American Quilt  (How to Make an American Quilt
Walkaway  (Meet Joe Black
and my very favorite
Angels in America Main Theme  (Angels in America)


which will definitely be played repeatedly throughout the holiday season at my house.  You have to admit the music is majestic and magical- perfect for Christmas.

And when someone asks what delightful holiday music is playing in the background I will have no problem saying, "Oh it's not really Christmas music. It's actually the theme to
Angels in America.  You know, that miniseries where the ghost of Ethel Rosenberg haunts Roy Cohn while he dies of AIDS."

Sorry, I had to do that.  Things were getting a little cheesy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment